We are seeking a buyer to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of suppliers in a fast-paced setting.
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established Hamilton Manufacturing Services, a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.
Position Objective: Develop strong relationships with a variety of suppliers to help Palmer Hamilton meet and exceed our customer’s expectations. Being driven and detail-oriented, work with suppliers and Palmer Hamilton stakeholders to select and purchase quality products to support our business. Efficiently process purchase orders, negotiate with suppliers, track orders, create and maintain inventory. Work closely with the management team to hit organizational goals and interact cross functionally with members of other departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchasing decisions based on those needs.
- Achieve goals in cost reduction, supplier performance and process improvements
- Research select and purchase quality products and materials that meet business requirements
- Forecast raw material demand using MRP/ERP, shortage and usage reports
- Create and submit purchase orders for raw materials, finished goods, and/or components that align to require on hand dates
- Negotiate prices, discounts, contracts, terms and conditions with suppliers
- Maintain supplier, part detail, and cost information in all necessary business systems
- Maintain accurate inventory to ensure stock levels are at appropriate levels
- Closely monitor vendor performance and past-due reports to maintain timely delivery
- Manage outsources materials, including inventory at 3rd party locations
- Support other Buyers as needed
- Possess a willingness to learn and improve oneself.
- Have an analytical mindset and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure maximum profitability.
- Be able to manage to a budget and other business goals.
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with other departments to achieve organizational goals.
- Like to work with outside vendors and develop strong working relationships with key individuals.
- Be effective at team management.
- Ability to travel to meet with existing or new vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or related field required
- 5-7 years of manufacturing related purchasing or supply chain experience
- Experienced in utilizing ERP or MRP systems
- Experienced in purchasing documents such as spec sheets, contracts, quotes, and engineering drawings.
- Understanding of the new product development process and costed bill of materials
- Proficient communication and project management skills, team player and ability to multi-task required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)