Interior Designer with experience
Palmer Hamilton Design is seeking an energetic, talented Interior Designer.
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established Hamilton Manufacturing Services, a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.
If you love to do some of the following, we want to talk to you!
- Working with clients to create design concepts by conducting site visits to develop a deep understanding of the goals of the space and observing current use to know what is important to the users of that space. Once you have collected that insight and information, use your creative genius to design and create all the necessary materials to present a design solution to the client.a
- Using your experience and incorporating current design trends to develop detailed furniture layouts, flooring diagrams, finish and material selections, while compiling furniture installation floor plans & packets to be used by furniture installers.
- Partnering with graphic designers to develop custom graphic artwork to specifically fit each client’s needs, including exact style, size and substrates.
- Creating presentation design boards, detailed presentation books and graphic artwork that are used to describe the design solution that helps solve the clients problems.
- Working with various team players such as project vendors, project managers, contractors & architects during the design process.
You will thrive in this position if are you are curious, enjoy discovering what clients need and then deliver design solutions to solve their problems. Here are some of key competencies we are looking for:
- Space Planning & Development of Furniture Layouts in a variety of Environments
- Finish Specification & Documentation
- Development of Furniture Specifications
- Communication with vendors & subcontractors as needed
- Assessment of Field Conditions onsite – Measurements, Component Locations
- Create new and exciting concepts for a variety of environments
- Guide Graphic Designers to create art concepts
- Experience in Interior Design/Space Planning
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit & Photoshop. 3D Studio Max proficiency is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend floor plans
- Ability to multi-task and manage several different projects at one time
- Ability to work on site with client to obtain all information to complete design
What makes this position unique and rewarding:
- Being able to partner with students, teachers, and other school leaders to collaborate on designing new and inviting spaces for K-12 schools.
- Apply your design creativity to develop environments that positively impact a variety of outcomes for K-12 schools and students.
- Keep up with design trends and apply those to your designs.