Maintenance Tech – 1st Shift
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform basic to intermediate equipment maintenance tasks and facility services with minimal supervision. This valuable team member will keep our plant equipment in shape for efficient production throughout the company.
$1000 Sign-On Bonus! • Quarterly Bonuses! • Other Bonus Opportunities!
Is Your Company Truly Open to Your Ideas?
- We Value Your Integrity & Honesty
- We Embrace Ingenuity & Creativeness
- We Believe Your Opinions Matter
- We Are Accepting and Respectful
Have a Say in Your Workplace!
Perform basic to intermediate equipment maintenance tasks and facility services with minimal supervision.
- Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of all vehicles and associated equipment including forklifts, man lifts, and trucks.
- Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of plant equipment including but not limited to CNC machine tools, manual machine tools, automated inventory systems, power tools, hand tools, saws, presses, lifting devices, overhead cranes, bag houses, oxy-fuel, plasma cutting equipment, coolant system, ultra-filtration system and compressed air system.
- Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of facility buildings and grounds, including but not limited to: HVAC systems, sprinkler systems, plumbing and sewer, lighting, gates, fencing, office furniture.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild and repair a wide variety of manufacturing equipment.
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
- Support maintenance staff in moving and organizing production and office areas.
- Provide support and assist with project work directed by the Maintenance Manager, Plant Manager and/or project lead.
- Implement company vision statement, mission statement, and corporate and departmental goals and objectives
- Understand and follow all workplace safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Pick-up and delivery of maintenance repair and project parts; including coordination of ordered materials and logistics of payment.
- To work efficiently and accurately to address needs of the facility and ensure all machines are running smoothly.
- Must effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a timely manner when issues arise.
- Willingness to be a team player and perform various other jobs in department as management indicates.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in industrial, mechanical, electrical or moving vehicle maintenance OR degree/certificate as listed below
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, man lifts, and power tools
- Intermediate ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical problems on various manufacturing equipment including CNC equipment.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Basic working knowledge of programmable ladder logic (PLC)
- Electrician skills including correct wiring practices, replacement of electrical components including push buttons, breakers, motor starters and field sensors.
- Ability to perform and communicate electronic, mechanical and hydraulic principles used in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic work assignments
- Ability to interpret parts manuals
- Proficient with electrical test and diagnostic equipment (volt meters, ammeter, oscilloscope, AC drives)
Education, Certifications, Licenses
- Two (2) year degree or certificate in industrial maintenance and/or equivalent work experience
About Palmer Hamilton
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud, and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established “Hamilton Manufacturing Services,” a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.