Manufacturing Engineer – New Position
Are you currently not able to make a difference at your place of work? Are you uncertain about the future of your current employment? Is your current job filled with impracticality and red tape?
At Palmer Hamilton we want you to come with your experience and ingenuity to make major impacts to a longstanding company without the corporate red tape
We are looking for a team member to play an intricate part in our overall new product implementation and efficiency improvement teams. If you are someone that enjoys being involved with the complete picture of existing or new manufacturing processes and making continual impacts, then this position is right for you.
Responsibilities we can offer to the right candidate:
- Implement new manufacturing capabilities as the company invests in new technologies
- Champion improvement projects across the various manufacturing processes
- Support and assist in development and maintenance of bill of materials for optimum process flow and accuracy
- Provide leadership with decision-making information by calculating cost improvements or estimated future requirements
- Propose new production layouts or workflow ideas and maintain supporting shop floor layout.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot technically challenging problems
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge, searching for new manufacturing methodologies
You would be an integral part of introducing new products to the market, and improving on existing manufacturing challenges at a company that embraces change. Start your next career move to place that you can make a difference.
Here is a complete list of position functions, expectations and qualifications for this position:
- Takes new product designs from Design Engineers and makes production ready by working with Tool and Die employees to create new weld fixtures and dies.
- Create and implement preventative maintenance schedule for tooling and weld fixtures.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by retrieving information from Supervisors, Operators, Engineers and Technicians; applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; confers with equipment vendors; solicits and implements observations from operators.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing/inspection methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing written standards; confirming function and quality of the manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Participates in discussions and provides leadership information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains layouts of work areas of the facility for reference and to improve process flow.
- Provides input for new/used machinery based on company needs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops, implements, monitors, measures, and manages functional/process improvement plans.
- Must have an efficiency-oriented and process-driven mindset. The goal of this position is not to make the process go right under ideal conditions, it is to keep them controlled so they cannot go wrong in our daily, seasonally and environmentally influenced, production environment.
- Work with supervisors, engineering and production personnel to understand and improve existing machinery and production processes; suggest and help to implement improvements
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot technically challenging problems (machinery, equipment, processes)
- Willingness to learn and improve oneself
- Work with outside vendors and contractors as needed; develop strong working relationships with key individuals
- Willingness to be a team player and special projects in department as assigned by management
- 3 to 7 years of experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing Department preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, team player and ability to multi-task required.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, measure, and control functional improvement plans.
- Inventor or similar software.
- Engineering background with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Ability to deal with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Equipment Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles including RCI, 3P, Value Stream Mapping, and Statistical Analysis a must.