Production Supervisor – MIG Welding and Fabrication
We are seeking an experienced Production Supervisor for our MIG Welding and Fabrication departments to lead our teams with excellence.
$1000 Sign-On Bonus! • Quarterly Bonuses! • Other Bonus Opportunities!
- Decision making regarding normal operating department issues.
- Analyze, interpret, and report on production statistics for department(s).
- Maintain cost reduction programs.
- Develop ongoing process improvements through continuous methods.
- Work with other facility management to resolve problems and create solutions.
- Oversee direct reporting employees and manage any personnel related issues.
- Responsible for the safety programs that affect the employees and departments.
- Determine staffing needs based on production schedules.
- Conduct weekly department meetings.
- Responsible for the production performance of department(s).
- Possess a broad knowledge of department and business regarding performance and predictions.
- Accountable for accuracy in department record keeping.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic attitude with the ability to motivate, be a team builder, and train employees.
- Be of upstanding character necessary for being a role model to employees.
- 7-10 years factory floor experience in the areas of mig Welding and Fabrication with demonstrated achievement in a high-performance environment.
- 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Robotic weld experience.
- Flat panel and Tube laser experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective use of lean manufacturing and 5S processes.
- Knowledge of computer integrated manufacturing systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
The challenging responsibilities of this position include:
- The performance and behavior of employees assigned to the production team, ensuring that all work is performed in a safe manner that results in high quality output.
- Meeting and exceeding workload demands by monitoring processes, establishing priorities, understanding processing variables, monitoring of personnel and resources, reporting results of the production plans.
- Communicating job expectations to employees by effectively identifying task expectations and applicable procedure requirements.
About Palmer Hamilton
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud, and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established “Hamilton Manufacturing Services,” a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.