Regional Sales Manager
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for Palmer Hamilton, the primary responsibility is to grow sales and increase market share of assigned territory.
Position Objective: The primary responsibility of our regional sales manager is to grow sales and increase market share of assigned territory. The sales manager will work closely with our dealers and end-users to ensure a smooth sales process, from conception to completion, and be able to be proactive if channel conflicts arise. The Sales manager will be knowledgeable of our (and our competitor’s) products and processes, trends in the industry, and up to date on funding sources for the school districts in assigned territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and select Dealers/Agents and Manufacturer’s Reps for each of the market sectors. Once onboard with PH, educate and train them on PH products and services. Also maintain Dealer/Agent/Rep competence and confidence by updating them on existing product upgrades and new products launches. Keep PH informed of any Dealer/Agent/Rep changes in territory.
- Work with Dealers and Agents on the selection of Trade Shows in their territory by providing sales support and product samples for their booth. Keep PH informed of all State Trade Show dates. On a national level, attend SNA, AIA, ALA and EdSpaces. Following shows, provide leads and support to the most effective Dealers/Agents who are diligent with lead follow-up and close.
- Educate Dealers/Agents/Reps on how to sell and support National, State and County contracts. Have them keep PH informed when a new contract opportunity arises.
- Make sales calls to End-Users, as requested by Dealer/Agent/Reps, to show PH’s commitment to our Dealer/Agent/Reps and to close sales. Make sales calls to Architects to introduce them to and train them on PH product and get PH product specified on architect-driven jobs.
- Help Dealers/Agents and End-users with Warranty issues. Deliver and install parts for repair or support Dealer/Subcontractor repair.
- Provide Install support for products that are issues on projects in order to complete the job and gain final install approval.
- Attend all conference call meetings and In-person PH meetings. Keep track of all expenses, fill out expense reports and turn in to PH.
To accomplish these goals, there is a four-pronged attack as follows:
- Build relationships with the School Nutrition and Library Associations, and exhibit at state conferences.
- Build relationships with our current dealers, provide product and sales training, keep them current on new products, and make sales calls with them.
- Search for new, qualified dealers in underperforming areas and bring them on board.
- Build relationships with A&D firms in my territory to secure a spot in their library and to have our products specified in their projects.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing.
- Experience -5 years’ experience as a sales representative/manager at a regional capacity, preferably in the furniture industry within the educational market.
Highly motivated, decisive, and outgoing, and have good analytical skills. They must also have good communications skills, especially dealing with executives, staff, and customers.
About Palmer Hamilton
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud, and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established Hamilton Manufacturing Services, a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.