We are hiring a Senior Accountant to assist the CEO in performing general accounting functions. This position also has growth potential to Controller.
Are you extremely organized? Are you looking to expand your knowledge and experience in the Accounting field? If so, we want you to be part of our team. We are hiring a Senior Accountant for a sister company for Palmer Hamilton located in Elkhorn, WI. Palmer Hamilton is a leading manufacturer of mobile cafeteria solutions, as well as award winning design solutions for education and business environments. We encourage our employees to reach their optimum potential and work as a team to help ensure consistent excellence in service and customer satisfaction.
As our company grows this position will assist the CEO in performing general accounting functions. This position also has growth potential to Controller. Work collaboratively with the Human Resources Department to coordinate payroll and ensure timely delivery of data to our third-party processor. The successful candidate should exhibit a great positive attitude, ability to multitask, and be enthusiastic.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Sales tax filing.
- Fixed asset management.
- Inventory management through cycle count review and new item entry (standard cost).
- ERP migration support
- Participate in developing lean manufacturing practices and training.
- Perform routine payroll pre-processing for third party.
- Coordinate and monitor timecard approval.
- Backup to A/P – entering invoices and preparing check runs.
- Backup to A/R – preparing invoices, depositing payments and following up on past due accounts.
- Account analysis and recording general ledger transactions.
- Miscellaneous projects directed toward the fiscal management.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP guidelines.
- BS degree in accounting
- Able to prioritize responsibilities, demonstrate time-management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential data and use of sound judgement is a must.
- Display solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to teach and translate accounting expectations to internal non accounting staff.
- Previous payroll, A/P and A/R experience needed.
- Cost accounting experience a plus but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience of general accounting principles and payroll processing preparation for third party service.
- Experience collaborating with HR and knowledge of HR procedures.
- Understanding and accurate application of general accounting principles.
- Proficient in the use of an ERP accounting system and timekeeping system with ability to adapt to new systems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
About Palmer Hamilton
As a highly recognized and trusted business advisor to end users and sales partners, Palmer Hamilton customers rely on our dynamic, proud, and dedicated team of over 100 to provide turnkey, tailored, and design-forward spaces that enhance student engagement and collaboration helping schools deliver world-class education outcomes.
Our welcoming and respectful culture provides the foundation in which we are proud to offer the most diverse and highest quality products and services available in the industry.
Palmer Hamilton and its PH Design division primarily serve the K-12 education market focusing on food court and other learning spaces. Via it’s PHabLAB and INVENTORCLOUD divisions, it provides turnkey makerspaces and project-based learning resources for STEM / STEAM education. As of 2020, Palmer Hamilton officially established “Hamilton Manufacturing Services,” a wholly owned subsidiary that provides OEM services to customers across a multitude of industries.